Red Cross Australia has designed a program to teach young people all they need to know about the natural hazards humans face due to Earth’s changing climate.
The program allows young people to:
- Become a youth leader in emergency management
- Be prepared for emergencies and disasters
- Complete the Duke of Edinburgh International Bronze Award
- Be part of a like-minded youth community
- Build networks in Local and State Government and Emergency Management Agencies
As part of the program, young people will attend workshops, complete online quizzes on emergency preparedness, volunteer in their communities, and a night camping with other participants.
You can find out more about the Red Cross Youth in Emergencies Development Program here.